Today was a rough day. I went my friend's house for a little ice cream party and while I was there, I had an allergic reaction to something. It was crazy! I do have a milk allergy but I have never had a reaction like this before. Plus I didn't even touch ice cream while I was there. I was playing around with everyone else and I started to itch. My face blotched up and my eye started to swell. The blotchy rash spread all over my face, neck, back and tummy. Thank goodness the Mom who was hosting the party had some Zyrtec that Mommy was able to give me. After a short contemplation, Mom decided that she should try and get me to Urgent Care or the pediatrician. By the time I was loaded in the car and we hit the main road, my rash started to fade and the swelling and itches started going away as well. By that time, the pediatrician advised to let the medicine do it's job and for us to follow up with the Allergist soon.
The popular question...what exactly caused this reaction? No one knows. It's hard to tell being that it has never happened before. Being that I was diagnosed with a milk allergy, I am at a greater risk of environmental allergies to things such a pollen, ragweed, pet dander, and etc. For now we are just going to wait and see if we have another reaction like this again. Fingers crossed this was a random incident and that I don't have any other allergy. I love playing outside and would be devastated if this became a regular occurrence.

No comments:
Post a Comment