Saturday, August 30, 2008

Dear Brady...

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Dear Brady,

You made Mommy's day tonight. Thank you for letting me rock you to sleep. I know that I have never been able to cuddle with you like most parents for most of the time we have been together. Thankfully, Mommy is able to cuddle you up and rock you to sleep like so many Mommies are able to do with their little peanuts now. I have wanted to hold you and provide that warm sense of security that you can only feel in a Mommy's arms. Now we are able to do that and I couldn't be more pleased. You may never know how hard I have fought to be here with you but I know deep down you never questioned my love and role I have had thus far in your life. I am so glad that God allowed you to have the comfort from others when I was not physically able to give you that comfort. Those people will forever be an important part of our memories and life.

Looking back over the last seven months I realize what a blessing we are to one another. I helped give you life and in return, you gave me life. Your mere existence kept me fighting through the roughest of days. I knew that God had placed us in each other's lives for a very important reason. I always saw a future as your Mommy but now I am actually living it and I have never felt more alive in my life. You are my blessing and I owe you the world. We are going to have many wonderful days together and I am so excited. Goodnight and sweet dreams little Peanut. Mommy loves you so very much.

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful.....I know what your heart is saying because I seen all of this as I was helping take care of both of you. I knew this day would come and everything would be as God planned- you have a special bond that you will never take for granted. Having to work for something you have been given makes the gift even more precious. I am so proud of you both- like you said your life has been blessed. I miss you both- praying that we will have lots of time together in the future.

Anonymous said...

I am drying my eyes!!! What a wonderful gift you have given each other. I am so glad you all are enjoying it now!