Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mommy's Home!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Today Mommy had her Remicade infusion. The actual infusion went really well but it was an adventure up until the infusion. When Mommy went there they first asked if she needed to do bloodwork. She told them no that she had never had to do it before. However, Mommy had talked to her doctor yesterday about some issues going on so she thought maybe he had ordered it to see if anything was going on with her blood. Well, the receptionist called her doctor (which turned out not to be her doctor) and they gave her the go ahead. Come to find out, they had her doctor listed as Dr. Harvey, a cancer specialist. All of her orders were wrong! After about an hour of waiting, they finally got everything straightened out and she was able to get her infusion.

Before they started the Remicade, benadryll, and solumedrol her doctor came down to check on her and find out what all was going on that has been bugging her. Right now, Dr. Evans thinks that Mommy may be developing antibodies to the Remicade making it be less effective. He is going to spend the next week trying to figure out a new plan of action to keep Mommy healthy. Right now, he is leaning towards adding another drug to Remicade so we can buy some more time before switching to Humira. There is a limited number of biological drugs that are approved with treating Crohn's so it is very important to get the most out of each drug.

Daddy did a wonderful job taking care of me today. I had a blast spendinf the day with Dad. Mommy came home and went to sleep for a little bit. While she was asleep, we snuck out to McDonalds to get some dinner. I love when it is Daddy's turn to cook! I got a cool hot wheel that I played with all evening. I think this one may be my favorite car yet!

I love to play my piano these days! I can rock out all day long!

Just workin' on my tan!

Houston, we have a problem!

Yes, I pulled my doggy chair clear across the room and plopped it in front of the TV so I could get a better view of Yo Gabba.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Brady, please let your mommy know that we are keeping her in our prayers that her Dr will be able to find a combinations of medicine so she won't have to switch yet. Your mommy is a great mommy and we hope that she is feeling good today. I love your wild hair on Wednesday, it made you look like a rock star!