Thursday, December 25, 2008

Wow, I like Christmas!

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Wow, all I have to say is that I love Christmas. It was so much more than I ever expected. I started the day off by giving Mom and Dad a big present. I slept all through the night and Mommy finally came and got me out of bed at 10am. I wasn't crying. I was playing with each of my toys and entertaining myself. Honestly, I think Mommy and Daddy were more excited with the gifts opening party we had.

I was so very blessed this year. I got a couple of things from Santa and all of my family. My Aunt Cathy and Uncle Mark got me some cool outfits. I can't wait to wear them. My Granny Pat even sent me a "first" ornament and an outfit of clothes. They should fit me really good right now so I should have a picture soon. I finally got to open my other present from Grandma and Grandpa Kaye. It was the coolest tool bag ever and even came with all kinds of tools. It will go perfect with my tool bench. They also got me a "first" ornament as well. The Greats didn't forget me either. They sent me a "first" ornament and made a deposit into my college fund. Nana and Pa got me Elmo Live! Boy, does he talk. I couldn't stop staring at him. He is quite the character. Mommy and Daddy couldn't help but laugh at his jokes too. I got most of my other gifts from Nana and Pa when she came to see me earlier in the month. And last, John Blue sent me the coolest box I have ever seen and it just happened to have an awesome puppy chair inside. I sure do like that box!

Don't worry, Mommy and Daddy also surprised me with a few gifts as well. I must say, the gift that kept me mesmerized for most of the day had to be my vacuum. His name is Dusty and he is my very own vacuum. I always get so happy when Mommy or Daddy gets the big vacuum out and now I have my very own!

Oh, and I also have some VERY important news. I did get to see Santa. To every one's surprise, he came through the neighborhood around 5 pm. This was about 15 minutes after Daddy had put me in my crib for a nap. Mommy heard the sirens and I made the mistake of rolling over. Well, Mom seized the opportunity and hurriedly put my sweatshirt on so I could go see Santa drive by. Of course, I didn't get to pull his beard this time because he was on top of the firetruck. However, his helpers jumped out of the ambulance and gave me an orange and a scratch and sniff book. During all this, I have to say that I was scared poopless. The sirens and horns on the firetruck and ambulance scared me to death, not to mention the flashing lights. I cried a teeny bit when Santa's helper gave me my present. For the rest of the night, when I would hear the sirens and horns, I almost started crying. I think I may be scarred for life. Thank goodness this only happens once a year!























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Brady looks like you sure had a great Christmas....... Pa and I are very excited about coming up for your big ONE party- Pa says you sure have grown. Can't wait to check out all those toys and to meet Elmo. Love you lots.