Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Welcome to my sandbox!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Welcome to my sandbox. I have actually had my sand box for a bit now. My Nana and Mommy picked it out when she was visiting with us. My Pa insisted that I have a sandbox in my back yard. I think my Daddy was more excited about this contraption than I was. He insisted that we go this past Sunday and get some play sand with my money that I got from Grandma and Grandpa Kaye. I got lucky though and didn't have to use any of my summer fun money from my Grandparents or Great-Grandparent. You see, Daddy found the landscaping rocks that he had been searching for forever and he decided to pay for everything together. He told me that he would put it on my tab until I get a real job!

When we got home from Lowe's Daddy couldn't wait to fill up my sandbox. He put sand in one side and water in the other. I preferred the water side. I kept looking at Mommy to see if she was going to get mad because I was playing in the water. She reassured me that I was supposed to play in the water. What in the world? Daddy then talked me into touching what they called sand. I wasn't too sure about it though. I was a little timid at first. Needless to say, it didn't take long for me to get silly with the sand. I even tried eating it! Yes, the pickiest eater in the world who laughs at a spoon stuck the shovel right in my mouth. What was I thinking!? It was horrible! I guess I won't be eating anymore sand anytime soon.

Oh, and I threw a fit and a half when Mommy and Daddy made me come inside. It was a little chilly so I couldn't stay out there too long. I tried to talk Dad into letting me bring my table into the kitchen, but he wouldn't go for it. Oh well, I guess I can wait until it gets warm again. Oh and Mom took a ton of pictures so she could share them with you all. Some of them look funny because she had her white balance set wrong. Oops!

I had to make sure that Dad didn't over fill my table.


Ooooh...it's water!


I wasn't sure what they wanted me to do with this stuff.


It sure feels funny in my hand.


I still wasn't sure about all of this.


I decided to stick with the water side being that I love water.


Okay, I can get into this.


I kept putting the boat in and taking it out over and over.


Hey this is fun! I get to play in the water without being fussed at!


See, I told you that Dad was having as much fun (if not more) than me!


I had to have a little chat with him.


I liked the shovel. I packed it all around the patio.


Oh Mom, you and your camera. You never take a break, do you?


This is when I decided to taste the sand.


This was not my brightest moment!

No comments: